Saturday, 19 January 2013

Tamworth. Birding by Bus!

Yesterday, it snowed! According to reports, 6 inches in two hours. I'm not sure how accurate that is, all I know is, there was a lot of it.

This morning the roads are still in poor condition. Main roads are pretty good, the side roads and lanes however are not good. I decided to leave the car at home and go "Birding by Bus."

I caught the bus outside my house and met Pete at Bolehall. We we on the Moors ten minutes later.

I am not a snow fan, but I have to admit, the Moors looked picturesque.

 

 

It was a little quiet regarding birds sighted, but we saw a few, including a nice pair of Bullfinch and a cracking female Sparrowhawk.

With the weather this harsh, the birds will be struggling for food, so Pete and I made sure the feeders were full and also left some Apple and bread. A lot of birds, mainly tits waited patiently in the trees as the feeders were filled. It didn't take long for them to take advantage of the situation.

 

A very enjoyable morning in good company. Glad I left the car at home after witnessing accidents and a vehicle unable to get up a hill. Walking in that snow was hard work though, the legs are feeling it now.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.