Saturday 28 September 2013

An evening on one of my patches.

The pit is a local 20 acre lake created during the building of the M42. I have over the last 30 years spent some considerable and always enjoyable time there. Mainly angling, but more recently, birding.

As autumn kicks in, the path around the lake looks picturesque and, as I remember when these trees were no more than saplings, I'm reminded just how long my association with one of my most favorite places in the locality goes back.

 

 

It has over the years thrown up many surprises, mostly piscatorial and a few ornithological. These pockets of water and green are important both to wildlife and to us. A place to get away from it all. To enjoy the views, to walk the banks, to watch the wildlife and occasionally, to cast a float.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.