Tuesday 24 February 2015

The Infamous Bridge

The bridge has happened! 

I, and no doubt many others have been waiting for what seems an age for the promised bridge spanning the Tame and joining Dosthill and Middleton sides of the RSPB reserve together to be put in place. The RSPB have kept us informed along the way, but at each anticipate date, something transpired to put the project back and postpone it to a later date. However, the wait is now over. The crane arrived on site and the bridge was lowered into place. It's not open to pedestrians just yet, but I understand it will be in the next week or so. 

I just had to pop down on Sunday morning and have a look. It was great to see it in place and I am looking forward to crossing it.

 

The Dosthill side of the reserve had already provided me with my first Oystercatcher of the year on the 18th of January. This frosty Sunday morning, there were 9 Oystercatcher, they did look good flying low over the water calling. 
Apart from a flyover Green Sandpiper, the bridge and the Oystercatcher were the highlights of the morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.