Sunday 18 May 2014

Novagrade Adapter

It has been a good while since I last posted anything on this blog. I think Facebook groups and Twitter took over. I was looking through the blog the other day. I was thinking of taking it offline as a few of the links to pictures no longer seem to work.

I received a message about this post requesting to see some of the pictures as the links no longer worked. I had a look and updated it a little. I have added some new pictures to the original post just show the type of record shots I have taken with the phone and adapter.

When I took thisYellow Wagtail picture, I also took some HD video. The advantage of an adapter over hand holding really becomes apparent here. The phone is held perfectly aligned while the video is recorded. For some reason I have still not fathomed, my blog will not play you tube videos in HD. So if you want to see it, it's best viewed on my you site. Just click HERE
I have also managed to spend some more time using the Novagrade Adapter with my iPhone 4S and this is probably the best shot I have managed so far.


This sharpness of focus is a direct result of perfect phone to eyepiece alignment, and the phone being held absolutely still. This demonstrates the difference an adapter can make to your results.
Obviously, conditions are not always ideal. Light is always an issue with digiscoping. It's also true to say that regardless of how big a lens you have, the closer you can get to your subject, the better your results. This is the reason photographers and birders often fall out.
I have taken a few shots in what I would consider far from ideal conditions. Low light, distant from the subject, or facing into the light due to the position of the subject relative to me. The results, well I would say they are decent record shots and as good as I would get from a dedicated camera and long lens in identical conditions.
I will keep doing what I do and sharing the results on here. Well, here are a few of those record shots I mentioned.








Obviously, many pictures were only fit for the delete button. However, I am happy with some of these and very pleased with a couple of them. Remember I'm not a photographer by any stretch of the imagination and don't claim to be. I'm a birder with a smartphone always in his pocket and now, an adapter to hold it steady and in correct alignment.
Note - a couple of people have now asked if I am sponsered by or affiliated in some way to Novagrade. The answer is ..... Other than being a customer, No I'm not! (I'm always open to offers though.)
I can assure anyone interested that I put my hand in my pocket and brought and paid for my Novagrade adapter with my own hard earned money. I am sharing the fact I am pleased with the product, because I believe in giving credit where it is due. It may still be early days, but at this point, I am very happy with my purchase and my results.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.