Sunday 15 March 2015

Around the Locality

Saturday I was unable to get out in the morning and was unsure if I would be able to get out at all. I did manage a few hours in the afternoon and headed to a WMBC local nature reserve. I spent an enjoyable couple of hours there and managed a year first in the shape of a Water Rail. It remained distant, i just took some record shots with the digiscoping set-up.

There were plenty of birds around the feeding station and in the open meadow, a few Stock dove.

Rsil

Dove

Sunday morning and i met up with Jon and we stayed very local, checking out the usual areas. On the return route we deviated from the track to check out an area we have recorded Wheatear in the past, hoping to locate an early bird. There were no Wheater yet, but Jon noticed a male Stonechat on the fence posts. The light wasn’t great, but I attempted some pictures with the Canon SX40 bridge camera.

CHAT

Chat2

Sunday afternoon was very overcast, I headed to Kingsbury and a wander about resulted in a Kingfisher darting across one of the pools and a hunting Barn Owl. There was a flock of around 100 Shoveler on one of the pools too. 

I hope to encounter local Wheatears soon, and anytime now I expect to record Sand Martins on the local patch. My thought are again returning to Badgerwatching, I hope to have some pictures soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.