Sunday 14 December 2014

Another Weekend

The Nikon P300 I mentioned in my last blog arrived in the week and I have been keen to get out and start using it. Even the weather was on my side with Saturday being a frosty, bright sunny day. I spent the morning on old Warks Moors with Pete, where we spotted a little flock of Redpoll, a Moors site tick. That was a result, however, beyond that, no birds presented a decent photo opportunity for the rest of the morning.

New entry  1

The closest I could get to anything worth pointing the scope and camera at was a distant Kestrel, about 250 yards.

 

IMG 6491IMG 6487

Later in the day, I called in at the Dosthill side of RSPB Middleton to see if any photo oppotunities presented themselves. I did get a couple of birds pose for a picture, a Stonechat, which I managed to take four very poor pictures of before it disappeared, and a Reed Bunting which was very cooperative. Again, I didn’t uphold my end of the bargain! I really need to get to know this camera and will persevere with it.

 

It is great to see the new bridge has been delivered and I hope to see it span the river joining both sides of the reserve early in the new year.

New entry  4 DSCN0155

It is strange that I can achieve pictures I am very happy with from my iPhone through the scope, and with an old point and shoot camera using the Digidapter.

I purchase a recommended Digiscoping camera, and my efforts leave much to be desired?

So, it’s time to get my head into the Nikon P300 User guide and start trying some different settings out. I hope to show some decent pictures using this camera on the blog soon.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.