Monday 12 August 2013

It must be Dove......

I keep reading that the Endangered Turtle Dove population of the UK is still declining, with 2013 being the worst year on record for reported sightings.

So, I had to venture out of Tamworth in search of these magnificent farmland birds.

I headed down to Oxfordshire, and started my search.

I really couldn't believe my luck when I stumbled upon a Juvenile Turtle Dove, and managed pictures. To be honest, I though I would be clutching a straws searching for them.

Considering the scarcity of these birds, I felt very privileged to find proof of successful breeding in this area of Oxfordshire.

Within a further ten minutes, I was gazing at an adult, again I managed to snap a few shots before it disappeared.

 

 

My first ever sightings of Turtle Dove. What a cracking day!

I hope there will be a time when I can regularly find them around the farmland areas of Tamworth

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.