Sunday 20 April 2014

Local Birding

An eventful day with plenty of local sites visited. Little Gulls have again been reported locally, and still managed to evade me.

This morning I had my first Wheatears of the year. This afternoon, there were still a Pair of Red-Crested Pochard at Alvecote and three Arctic Tern.

Red Crested Pochard. Phonescoped
Wheatears. Phonescoped

 

Also had my first House Martins this evening. Spring is definitely here.

Pete has discovered a Long-Tailed Tit nest. I have found empty ones before, but never seen one being built and used. It will be interesting to track the fortunes of this pair of Long Tailed Tits, and hopefully get some good pictures along the way.

Long-Tailed Tit nest

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.